Joining the BCA for 2020
We are proud that more than half of the practising chiropractors in the UK choose the BCA as their professional association*, benefitting from our unrivalled knowledge and experience. We work hard for our membership, supporting them where and when they need us, which allows our members to care for their patients in the confidence that our backing provides.
As we approach the new membership period for 2020, we want to invite you to become part of our dynamic community by showing you some of what we achieved in 2019.
It has been our 94th year in existence and we haven’t stopped leading, representing and supporting our members or this brilliant profession since we started. Here is a recap of just some of the things that we have been taking part in on our member’s behalf and a taster of what is to come as we enter our 95th anniversary in 2020.Membership and Insurance Applications
We know that many chiropractors choose us as their association because BCA Insurance Services provide the most robust protection for chiropractors on the market, covering both claims by patients and insurance-backed defence costs at the GCC.
Download the BCA Membership Insurance Information Pack for details on the insurance offered by BCA Insurance Services.
The BCA is a trusted source for chiropractors but also patients and other stakeholders, who rely on us as the key source of chiropractic information. As such, our website attracts thousands of visits a year with 47,000 people using our ‘Find a Chiropractor’ function, 30,000 accessing our adverts annually 50,000 using us to find out where to train to become a chiropractor.
Run by members, for our members, we use this knowledge and experience to provide unrivaled support for members, including:
- Bespoke complaint-handling using experienced, specialist insurance advisers to support and defend member interests;
- A dedicated Pastoral Support Network to lend a listening ear and help members manage tough times
- Employment, HR and Health and Safety compliance support and advice from
a specialist business helpline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Act on member feedback, listening to member needs which has resulted in us generating resources such as employment contracts, toolkits for GDPR (a suite of 19 compliant policies) and social media content (amongst other things) for members to use.
- Free subscription to the Research Review Service with further discounts on RRS courses
- Access to fantastic deals discounts through BCA Plus and BCA Privilege, an exclusive scheme for members to access an impressive portfolio of money-saving discounts including Apple products, golf membership, restaurant dining and much more.
We represent member views where it really matters. Here are just a few examples of where we did this in 2019:
- We lobbied the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) to provide greater clarity for chiropractors in advertising. This led to improved guidelines available for chiropractors, following a webinar we worked in partnership with the ASA on.
- We fed back to the Ministry of Justice as part of their consultation on medical reporting in Road Traffic Accidents, which asked whether chiropractors were well placed to provide assessments for patients with musculoskeletal complaints after a road traffic accident.
- We responded to the General Chiropractic Council (GCC), consultations on Fitness to Practise and Non-practising fees, representing member views.
Our democratically run association is led by a Board of elected BCA members, which epitomises our values of quality and decency. BCA members elect our Board to ensure the individual member’s voice is at the heart of our work.
Leading the profession
As the largest professional association of chiropractors in the UK, the BCA is called upon as the voice of the profession in various places.
So far in 2019 our press work has reached a massive 164 million people through over 200 stories/articles/interviews in the media. One of the most far-reaching roles we undertake for the membership is in the UK media, being approached for comment weekly, as well as working to generate more positive coverage of chiropractic.
The BCA is the only UK professional association which represents UK chiropractors at European and international level:
- We care about ensuring the development of chiropractic across the globe, which is why we were a founding member of the European Chiropractors’ Union and subsequently the World Federation of Chiropractic
- We care about the legitimacy and evidence-base of the chiropractic profession, which is why all members contribute to the Chiropractic Research Council. This contribution expands research capacity, supports researchers and produces valuable chiropractic-related research
Supporting members throughout their career
We know that different times in your career can bring different challenges, which is why we have a progressive membership model (see table below) and criteria for concessionary rates to support you where we can.
What do I need to do now?
If you would like to join the BCA, you can do so by clicking here and completing our membership and insurance application formMembership and Insurance Applications
If you would like to join the BCA but retain your insurance elsewhere, you can join on a member only basis.Membership Only Applications
If you choose to pay by direct debit, payments are taken over 10 monthly installments, starting in January, which makes membership and insurance easy to administer for you. You can , alternatively, pay by BACS as a single payment.
We also offer free membership to chiropractic studentsApply Online
For chiropractors not practising in the UK, we offer Associate Membership. It is a non-insurance, keeping-in-touch category of membership.
The costs of this membership are: Not practicing in the UK and based in the UK: £125 Not practicing in the UK and based outside of the UK £150
This includes access to the BCA Members’ Area, the BCA magazine, Contact and BCA Plus, range of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services.Apply Online
If you have any queries about becoming a member, please contact email@example.com
There has never been a better time to become part of the #BCAfamily.
Help us build a better, stronger association for you and your patients.
*based on latest GCC report on the number of practising chiropractors
Entity Proposal Form (Limited Company)
If you are an existing BCA member and would like to take out Limited Company cover, please complete the Entity Proposal form. (Entity cover explained here)
Print and complete the appropriate forms in pen then scan and return to BCA Insurance Services firstname.lastname@example.org.)